Home infusion is a growing category and market in the U.S. Home infusion, where alternate-site infusion therapy expenditures are estimated to be $9–11 billion annually. Learn what factors are driving this growth, why many health systems are finding that home infusion pharmacy, as part of a broader specialty pharmacy strategy, aligns with their clinical and financial goals in a value-based care environment, and explore a case study that demonstrates how Excelera helps health systems like Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) navigate the unique rules, operational complexities, and best practices of home infusion pharmacy.
- The Home Infusion market and why home infusion is a growing category.
- How many health systems are finding home infusion pharmacy, as part of a broader specialty pharmacy strategy, aligns with their clinical and financial goals.
- Adding home infusion pharmacy services can have several positive impacts on health systems, including reduced overall cost of care and superior patient experience.
- Home infusion pharmacy has its own set of rules, operational complexities and best practices.
- Health systems that use a consultant to help launch home infusion pharmacy can get to market faster as they develop their in-house home infusion expertise.